Definition of inguinal in English:
Of the groin: inguinal lymph nodes
More example sentences
- Sometimes the testicular vessels are traced to an abdominal, inguinal or scrotal testicular remnant, which is then removed.
- The lateral cutaneous nerve of the thigh passes from the lateral border of psoas major across the iliac fossa to pierce the inguinal ligament.
- It may radiate along the inguinal ligament, perineum and rectus muscles.
late Middle English: from Latin inguinalis, from inguen, inguin- 'groin'.
- Example sentences
- The male has open inguinal rings and the testes are located inguinally without a true scrotal sac.
- The intensity of pain was more severe in women, more dull, located inguinally, in low abdomen and symphysis.
- The remaining 36 testes were inguinally located during exploration and orchiopexy, except for 5 vanishing testes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan