Definition of inharmonic in English:
- We set the relative frequency of the six oscillators to values which result in inharmonic frequencies.
- Output 46 provides a signal with an adjusted resonant frequency, minus the inharmonic tones.
- Why base a music on the harmonic series and employ inharmonic instruments to realise it?
- Example sentences
- String tension has increased to the extent that strings are almost as rigid as metal bars, and sharing some of the same inharmonicity of overtones.
- The difference is just enough that a tuning will not sound right unless inharmonicity is dealt with.
- A large grand piano has less inharmonicity because the strings are longer relative to diameter.
Definition of inharmonic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.