- An abbreviation consisting of initial letters pronounced separately (e.g. BBC). Compare with acronym.More example sentences
- An acronym is a word group created in a similar way to an initialism but which is pronounced as a word.
- It is usually acceptable to start a sentence with an acronym or initialism that begins with a capital letter.
- We have a photo gallery, an index of every article published from 1956 to present, and a list of aviation terms, acronyms, initialisms and jargon.
More definitions of initialismDefinition of initialism in:
- The US English dictionary