Definition of initialize in English:
verb[with object] Computing
1 (often be initialized to) Set to the value or put in the condition appropriate to the start of an operation: the counter is initialized to one
More example sentences
- Instead, the/dev directory is created when the operating system is initialized on the machine, populating the/dev directory with all known possible names.
- The squad table is initialized to a reasonable set of default values.
- A pointer that you use to iterate in a buffer also has value semantics - you initialize it to point to the beginning of the buffer, and you bump it until you reach the end.
- Example sentences
- LinuxBIOS, for instance, can be included in place of the normal BIOS-with a little bit of hardware initialization and a compressed Linux kernel that can be booted from a cold start-to achieve faster startup times.
- The real-time FIFO devices are built during the RTLinux installation and created in the initialization of the real-time modules.
- A method and system for secure cable modem initialization in a data-over-cable system is provided using a secure protocol server.
Words that rhyme with initializeoverspecialize • spatialize
Definition of initialize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.