noun[mass noun] British
- (In soccer and other sports) extra playing time allowed by a referee to compensate for time lost in dealing with injuries: they equalized in injury timeMore example sentences
- Last season Bolton conceded a goal in injury time in five games and it cost the club ten points.
- I don't agree with the time wasting bit - a referee can always allow more injury time to compensate.
- By the time the referee has sorted out all the pushing and shoving in the penalty box injury time is nearly over.
More definitions of injury timeDefinition of injury time in:
- The US English dictionary