noun (plural inkberries)
A low-growing North American holly with black berries and nearly spineless leaves.
- Ilex glabra, family Aquifoliaceae
More example sentences
- Other species include trailing arbutus, bearberry, wintergreen, inkberry, sweet fern, flowering pixie moss, and cowwheat.
- Some are evergreen, such as inkberry (I. glabra), and some are deciduous, such as winterberry (I. verticillata).
- Minor building alterations brought forth mighty dagga plants; cannas migrated without provocation into any gap left by the lantana and inkberry.
More definitions of inkberryDefinition of inkberry in:
- The US English dictionary