- An exclusive group close to the centre of power of an organization or movement, regarded as elitist and secretive: the president and his inner circle of advisers have considered several scenariosMore example sentences
- But slowly, they moved closer to the inner circles of power.
- Typical is the leading German news magazine Der Spiegel, which sells close to two million copies and maintains close contacts to the inner circles of the government.
- Women tend to be excluded from inner circles of power and influence.
More definitions of inner circleDefinition of inner circle in:
- The US English dictionary