- A planet whose orbit lies within the asteroid belt, i.e. Mercury, Venus, Earth, or Mars.More example sentences
- A planetary transit is like an eclipse of the Sun, with the inner planets Mercury or Venus becoming the obscuring objects, instead of the Moon.
- The inner planets (Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars) all formed from the disk of gas and dust, the solar nebula, that surrounded our young sun.
- The stage seemed set for the leap into space and colonisation of the inner planets and the moons of Jupiter and Saturn that would have unlocked the untold wealth and resources we now know to have been waiting there.
More definitions of inner planetDefinition of inner planet in:
- The US English dictionary