- Modifying the force or speed of contraction of muscles: a drug having a positive inotropic effect on the heartMore example sentences
- A direct positive inotropic effect and an increase in the refractory period also have been postulated as possible antiarrhythmia mechanisms of spironolactone.
- It has therapeutic use in congestive heart failure and edema, having a positive inotropic effect on cardiac muscle.
- It seems that the capability for carefully manipulating and combining agents for use in both inotropic and vasodilator actions has improved our ability to manage previously refractory patients.
More definitions of inotropicDefinition of inotropic in:
- The US English dictionary