Definition of inquire in English:
Another term for enquire.
- Even when going about their business, Ugandans will take the time to stop and greet people properly, inquiring after their health and their family - a far cry from the Western culture of ‘no time to chat’.
- But a month later, a letter from the same Stepping Hill unit arrived at her home in Bramhall asking why she missed a date at Manchester Royal Infirmary and inquiring if there was ‘a difficulty’.
- This was overlooked by the Greeks who started inquiring into the reasons for the ‘dignified postures’ of Egyptian statues (already Plato commented on this).
- Example sentences
- Similarly, negotiators and inquirers must acknowledge their own biases and ‘remain open to the positions and interests of others’.
- A big attraction for subscribers is an online ‘price request’ facility, allowing for inquirers and engineers looking for specific prices on equipment or services to find suppliers and their price tags at the push of a button.
- In times to come, historical inquirers will know better how to appraise its importance and influence, even in what is at present hidden from our gaze and where no or only grudging recognition is accorded.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan