A substance used for killing insects: the use of chemical insecticides [mass noun]: the timber can be treated with insecticide
More example sentences
- Your report incorrectly stated that organic food has not had various chemicals like fertilisers or insecticides sprayed on it.
- Also mites may be developing resistance to some of the currently used chemical insecticides.
- At some airports, the cabin is sprayed with insecticides, the chemicals used probably being pyrethroids.
- More example sentences
- Moreover, the insecticidal protein in the plant begins to break down immediately after the plant dies so there is no danger of its toxic effect in soil or underground water.
- If aphids, mites, scales, or other insects infest any of your houseplants, slip a plastic garment cover (the kind you get from a dry cleaner) over the plant and spray with insecticidal soap.
- If fungal diseases or aphids do appear, the plants are simply sprayed with a combination of one tablespoon baking soda and one tablespoon dish soap (or insecticidal soap) mixed in a gallon of water.
Definition of insecticide in:
- The US English dictionary