Definition of insecticide in English:
A substance used for killing insects: the use of chemical insecticides [mass noun]: the timber can be treated with insecticide
More example sentences
- Your report incorrectly stated that organic food has not had various chemicals like fertilisers or insecticides sprayed on it.
- Also mites may be developing resistance to some of the currently used chemical insecticides.
- At some airports, the cabin is sprayed with insecticides, the chemicals used probably being pyrethroids.
- Example sentences
- Moreover, the insecticidal protein in the plant begins to break down immediately after the plant dies so there is no danger of its toxic effect in soil or underground water.
- If aphids, mites, scales, or other insects infest any of your houseplants, slip a plastic garment cover (the kind you get from a dry cleaner) over the plant and spray with insecticidal soap.
- If fungal diseases or aphids do appear, the plants are simply sprayed with a combination of one tablespoon baking soda and one tablespoon dish soap (or insecticidal soap) mixed in a gallon of water.
Definition of insecticide in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India