- Resembling or reminiscent of an insect or insects: his insectile handsMore example sentences
- Impro-Micro-Acoustique begins in what initially sounds like fairly traditional free improv territory: the air is thin with insectile scratches, creaks and the occasional, markedly electronic sound.
- But the swarm of insectile buzzing quickly cohered and built to a climax until it, too, was gone forever - without fadeout or explanation.
- By the end of the track, only the higher frequencies remain, creating a delicate ringing like the insectile hum of rubbing a finger around the inside of a wet glass.
More definitions of insectileDefinition of insectile in:
- The US English dictionary