Definition of insectivore in English:
1An animal that feeds on insects, worms, and other invertebrates.
- Gallus gallus is an herbivore and insectivore.
- It seems, however, that insectivores and fruit-eating omnivores exhibit different migration strategies, each with an associated suite of morphological and behavioral adaptations to overcome the physical challenges of migration.
- Omnivores and insectivores exhibit different fuel-use strategies to overcome the physiological challenges of migration.
1.1 Zoology A mammal of the order Insectivora.
- All moles are insectivores and all of them are great tunnelers.
- Aside from the obvious connotation of a burrowing insectivore, a mole could also mean a small congenital growth on the human skin, usually slightly raised and dark and sometimes hairy.
- The insectivore hedgehog has an unclear evolutionary-rate pattern, as shown by the inconsistent results obtained with the two different tests.
Words that rhyme with insectivoreomnivore
Definition of insectivore in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan