- Nuclear disc lesions are of gradual or insidious onset, the history may be on and off back pain for weeks and back pain getting worse.
- The obstruction and harassment is subtle but insidious and seriously affects the ability of the aid agencies to do their job.
- It need by no means be obvious: it can be insidious and subtle.
- Example sentences
- But for five Irish teenagers, the magnifying glass doesn't reveal the insidiousness of California - it only inflates its lure and significance.
- Slowly, with an insidiousness no one recognized, those businesses began to disappear until now many of the buildings sit empty and abandoned.
- Asthma has become a common ailment in modern society, as the deteriorating environment and stress work their insidiousness against the human body.
Mid 16th century: from Latin insidiosus 'cunning', from insidiae 'an ambush or trick', from insidere 'lie in wait for', from in- 'on' + sedere 'sit'.
Words that rhyme with insidiousfastidious, hideous, invidious, perfidious
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: in|sidi|ous
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.