- 1Insisting on or demanding something; not allowing refusal: Tony’s soft, insistent questioning [with clause]: she was very insistent that I call herMore example sentences
- They are also having great fun, absorbed in what they are doing, breaking off only to fire insistent questions at their teacher.
- Despite Jake's insistent questions, he refused to explain the purchases.
- Xavier's case has yet to be resolved and he is insistent that he did not knowingly take any banned drugs.
- 2Continuing in a prolonged and demanding way: a telephone started ringing, loud and insistentMore example sentences
- Rena turns to Greg, demanding him to be silent with her insistent, steady glare.
- It seems that at the heart of the Universe there is a steady, insistent beat.
- It wasn't a friendly sounding knock, but an insistent one, that demanded attention.
- More example sentences
- He cannot understand why he is so sad but the film all too insistently offers a complete explanation.
- They reject and demonize it, while insistently asserting their pride in their own superiority.
- Lee's insistently flat pictorial fields are for the first time riddled with nervous energy.