- A person who is regularly unable to sleep: I’m a terrible insomniac, I often write from four in the morning to sevenMore example sentences
- Forget counting sheep - insomniacs count sleep, jealously, obsessively, the way some women count calories.
- An insomniac who sleeps only three to four hours a night, her energy was legendary.
- The insomniac is unable to get sufficient sleep for their daily needs.
adjectiveBack to top
- Regularly unable to sleep: as the host of an all-night radio show, Shepard would commune with his insomniac listenersMore example sentences
- It's not the brand of forty winks single insomniac procrastinators are meant to experience so understandably it's got me worried.
- But the man's music - he is some sort of insomniac violinist - reminds me of the time I lived next to Huntingdon Life Sciences when they got a new delivery of cats.
- Anway, as I had so much random insomniac time, I spent a load of time reading.
More definitions of insomniacDefinition of insomniac in:
- The US English dictionary