Definition of insouciant in English:
Showing a casual lack of concern: an insouciant shrug
More example sentences
- Extant anthropoids appear to be blithely insouciant to such syndromes.
- They always seemed so blasé, so effortlessly cool; insouciant, suntanned, with great clothes.
- But whatever the insouciant stage persona said, underneath Smith desperately wanted approval.
nonchalant, untroubled, unworried, unruffled, unconcerned, lacking concern, indifferent, blasé, heedless, relaxed, calm, equable, equanimous, serene, composed, casual, easy, easy-going, airy, breezy, carefree, free and easy, free from care, free from worry, happy-go-lucky, light-hearted, frivolous, unserious
- Example sentences
- It was the schoolboy's dream, humiliating England, swaggeringly and insouciantly triumphant.
- Tiring of this, the Gerrys insouciantly strike out for a hike off the beaten track.
- She insouciantly draws on her parents' conservative attitudes for her routines with a trademark deadpan.