Definition of inspect in English:
- I inspected it closely and noticed a couple of things that may have been the cause of the problem.
- After inspecting it more closely, we were surprised to discover that it was a brass telescope, with all the optics still in place!
- The Council is to send an expert to inspect the trees to assess their condition.
- A regulatory organisation of both regional and international credibility, SANAS inspects laboratories to ensure they conform to international standards before they are accredited.
- Periodically, they are visited by a sinister official who inspects their papers and sometimes buys or confiscates a new fiddle.
- Three other incoming jets were asked to over-fly the airport while safety officials inspected the runway.
Early 17th century (earlier ( late Middle English) as inspection): from Latin inspect- 'looked into, examined', from the verb inspicere (from in- 'in' + specere 'look at'), or from its frequentative, inspectare.
Words that rhyme with inspectaffect, bisect, bull-necked, collect, confect, connect, correct, defect, deflect, deject, detect, direct, effect, eject, elect, erect, expect, infect, inflect, inject, interconnect, interject, intersect, misdirect, neglect, object, perfect, project, prospect, protect, reflect, reject, respect, resurrect, sect, select, subject, suspect, transect, unchecked, Utrecht
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.