1The head of an inspectorate.
- More narrowly (but just as important in the short run), the inspector general's office is to be faulted for the broad condemnatory ‘spin’ present in its own six-page press release.
- The inspector general found the citizenship office believes, ‘Any shortfall in visa approvals would be a disservice to the American business community.’
- The CPA inspector general's office began in January and has more than 100 employees continuing investigations.
1.1 Military A staff officer responsible for conducting inspections and investigations.
- Rather, the Army's inspector general concluded an investigation last month exonerating Sanchez and every other senior commander.
- These startling revelations spurred the Army's inspector general to launch an investigation to determine the facts.
- From column commander in South Africa he graduated to command the 5th Lancers, 4th Cavalry Brigade, and then became inspector general of Cavalry in 1910.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: in|spect¦or gen|eral
Definition of inspector general in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.