1The head of an inspectorate.
- More narrowly (but just as important in the short run), the inspector general's office is to be faulted for the broad condemnatory ‘spin’ present in its own six-page press release.
- The inspector general found the citizenship office believes, ‘Any shortfall in visa approvals would be a disservice to the American business community.’
- The CPA inspector general's office began in January and has more than 100 employees continuing investigations.
1.1 Military A staff officer responsible for conducting inspections and investigations.
- Rather, the Army's inspector general concluded an investigation last month exonerating Sanchez and every other senior commander.
- These startling revelations spurred the Army's inspector general to launch an investigation to determine the facts.
- From column commander in South Africa he graduated to command the 5th Lancers, 4th Cavalry Brigade, and then became inspector general of Cavalry in 1910.
Definition of inspector general in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.