- A body that ensures that the official regulations applying to a particular type of institution or activity are obeyed: the factory inspectorateMore example sentences
- I believe red tape, bureaucracy, regulations, inspectorates, commissions, quangos, ‘czars’, ‘units’ and ‘targets’ came to help and protect us, but now we need protection from them.
- Councillors agreed that proposals should be drawn up to ensure the inspectorate communicated with the council on concerns that it had about homes.
- The secretary of state is clearly alert to the dangers of extra funding being dissipated in non-productive ways, hence the announcement of two new inspectorates to ensure value for money in the health and social care areas.
More definitions of inspectorateDefinition of inspectorate in:
- The US English dictionary