- 1Of extraordinary quality, as if arising from some external creative impulse: they had to thank the goalkeeper for some inspired savesMore example sentences
- Somebody in the US government is going to have to make an inspired guess, and the country will have to live with it for a very long time to come.
- You also have to guess the speed rating of the film in most instances, with the ASA value being an inspired guess by the manufacturer.
- Although it was an inspired guess, I'm afraid we can tell you it's incorrect.
- 1.1(Of a person) displaying a creative impulse in the activity specified: she was an inspired gardenerMore example sentences
outstanding, wonderful, marvellous, excellent, magnificent, fine, exceptional, formidable, first-class, first-rate, virtuoso, supreme, superlative, dazzling, coruscating, exciting, thrilling, enthralling, memorable; gifted, talented, creative, imaginative, inventive, innovative, innovatory, innovational, ingenious, original, resourceful, enterprising• informal tremendous, superb, super, smashing, ace, A1, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, mean, wicked, awesome, magic, out of this world, genius
- She was an inspired gardener who wrote like an angel, but she was elitist to her fingernails.
- A gifted comic and an inspired character actor, Shortt stared in Paddy Breanacht's new film, Man About Dog and played the unforgettable Tom in Father Ted.
- The rucking was awe-inspiring, and what about the passing from the wonderful service of an inspired Ronan O'Gara?
- 2(Of air or another substance) that is breathed in: inspired air must be humidifiedMore example sentences
- In animals with lungs, heat is also lost by warming and humidifying the inspired air during breathing, with the greater proportion being through humidification.
- With the Fick method, inspired and expired gases are analyzed to determine oxygen consumption.
- Under these conditions, inspired gas concentrations can be manipulated to effect surreptitiously desired changes in alveolar gas tensions.
- More example sentences
- Buena Vista okayed a script loyal to Adams's vision and inspiredly asked the British director-producer team of ubergeeks Garth Jennings and Nick Goldsmith (Hammer & Tongs) to realise it.
- To provide a focus for this considerably involved phenomenon Hiltebeitel inspiredly seizes upon an 18 verse invocatory song sung at the beginning and the end of Draupadi festivals.
- Finally, unable to contain himself, he bursts out with an inspiredly frenzied bit of song and dance.