Disrespectful or scornfully abusive: insulting remarks their language is insulting to women
More example sentences
- Diana also believed her salary to be virtually insulting.
- His response could scarcely be any more insulting to the intelligence of every reader.
- The insulting character of the criticism, however, prevented some from delving more deeply into the controversy.
- [as submodifier]: an insultingly low salaryMore example sentences
- If this seems insultingly stereotypical, well, it's nothing compared to what I saw on TV.
- You don't worry too much about those who tried to stand up for the poor whom you once insultingly dismissed as ‘the poverty industry’.
- I look forward to watching cable with my mom, wearing an overcoat, and seeing each of my Chicago friends for insultingly brief periods of time.