Definition of insulting in English:
Disrespectful or scornfully abusive: insulting remarks their language is insulting to women
More example sentences
- Diana also believed her salary to be virtually insulting.
- His response could scarcely be any more insulting to the intelligence of every reader.
- The insulting character of the criticism, however, prevented some from delving more deeply into the controversy.
- [as submodifier]: an insultingly low salaryMore example sentences
- If this seems insultingly stereotypical, well, it's nothing compared to what I saw on TV.
- You don't worry too much about those who tried to stand up for the poor whom you once insultingly dismissed as ‘the poverty industry’.
- I look forward to watching cable with my mom, wearing an overcoat, and seeing each of my Chicago friends for insultingly brief periods of time.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.