- A person or company that underwrites an insurance risk; the party in an insurance contract undertaking to pay compensation.More example sentences
- Even switching the amount of the shortfall predicted by your insurer to a repayment mortgage will help.
- Patients referred to hospital specialists not contracted to their insurer will have to pay extra.
- Yet there is no prohibition against insurances where the insurer does have an interest in the life of the insured.
More definitions of insurerDefinition of insurer in:
- The US English dictionary