Definition of insurmountable in English:
Too great to be overcome: an insurmountable problem
More example sentences
- This is an inspirational success story, proving that seemingly insurmountable setbacks can be overcome on the road to glory.
- In the process of bringing the film to fruition, some obstacles that seemed insurmountable were overcome.
- The underdog shows us people working together to overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles.
- 1insurmountably adverb
- Example sentences
- If all this seems insurmountably difficult, listen to your own intuition that there is more going on here than just an old crush.
- Aid must account for a great part of the solution, in order to put an end to this insurmountably horrible crisis.
- If the configuration of pages and print is too overwhelming, a book may seem insurmountably difficult even though its content is riveting.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.