- 1The action or process of integrating: economic and political integration integration of individual countries into trading blocsMore example sentences
- Economists are not used to analysing the process of European monetary integration in political terms.
- So, something had to be done to give the process of political integration a shot in the arm.
- The European constitution was to be the pinnacle of this process, consolidating economic integration and crowning it with political integration.
- 1.1The intermixing of people who were previously segregated: integration is the best hope for both black and white AmericansMore example sentences
- It is safe to say that our society has benefited from the acceptance and integration of groups which previously suffered from discrimination.
- In contrast, items on old-fashioned racism ask about open opposition to fair housing laws, integration, intermarriage, and having a black neighbor.
- We have some concerns about the school, particularly as regards the absence of a head teacher until August and concrete programmes for integration with a wider peer group.
- 2 Mathematics The finding of an integral or integrals: integration of an ordinary differential equation [count noun]: mathematical integrationsMore example sentences
- He also worked on asymptotic analysis, fractional integration and singular partial differential equations.
- These papers, which appeared in 1858, are on numerical analysis, in particular numerical integration.
- A simple example of numerical integration is estimating the area of a geometric figure by randomly throwing darts at it and counting the hits and misses.
- 3 Psychology The coordination of processes in the nervous system, including diverse sensory information and motor impulses: visuomotor integrationMore example sentences
- Therapies that promote sensory integration have been used in some children with these specific sensitivities.
- Only men were tested as several studies found gender differences in spatial abilities and in sensory integration.
- These tests require balance, motor planning, and sensory integration.
- 3.1 Psychoanalysis The process by which a well-balanced psyche becomes whole as the developing ego organizes the id, and the state which results or which treatment seeks to create by countering the fragmenting effect of defence mechanisms.More example sentences
- We turn finally to the problematic results for integration as measured by the increment from free recall to cued recall.
- I've gone through a whole process of integration.
- Progress in developing integration across the behavioral sciences can be limited by disinterest, isolationism, and even outright hostility.
- More example sentences
- The separatists and the integrationists both seek to make a difference and, in the process, make a buck.
- Both were integrationists who situated the black and Latino struggles within the larger battle for civil rights.
- The integrationists will argue it is only a matter of training, the separatists will argue it is a matter of control.