- 1The quality of being honest and having strong moral principles: a gentleman of complete integrityMore example sentences
honesty, uprightness, probity, rectitude, honour, honourableness, upstandingness, good character, principle(s), ethics, morals, righteousness, morality, nobility, high-mindedness, right-mindedness, noble-mindedness, virtue, decency, fairness, scrupulousness, sincerity, truthfulness, trustworthiness
- Those who doubted, and they were few, spoke of a man of integrity with a strong commitment to republicanism.
- I knew him for years, travelled his country with him, and he was a man of strong character and integrity.
- The nobility, integrity, and visionary qualities of the man are reflected in his music.
- 2The state of being whole and undivided: upholding territorial integrity and national sovereigntyMore example sentences
- We want an Iraq that preserves its territorial integrity, its unity and its sovereignty.
- Yeltsin had made repeated overtures to the Chechens to preserve Russia's territorial integrity.
- His objective of subverting the unity and territorial integrity of India remains unchanged.
- 2.1The condition of being unified or sound in construction: the structural integrity of the novelMore example sentences
- It is also a good indicator of the general condition and structural integrity of the pavement condition.
- Our observations suggest that the structural integrity of the aircraft is compromised.
- Reliance on these principles contributes to the relative autonomy and structural integrity of the legal system.
- 2.2Internal consistency or lack of corruption in electronic data: [as modifier]: integrity checkingMore example sentences
- Omitting database integrity checks can lead to corrupted data residing inside the database.
- Once your setup is working properly, run an integrity check via cron on a regular basis.
- A drive that's been idle for a while is powered on and exercised, while its data is checked for integrity.