- Attendees are guaranteed that at least one-third of all words used will be intelligible to the general public.
- An examination structure, intelligible to pupils, parents and employers, must be a priority as a means of getting these proposals off the ground.
- The individual cannot make himself intelligible to anybody.
- Example sentences
- Are notes articulated clearly and intelligibly?
- The case can be put quite simply and intelligibly.
- During their second year, toddlers begin to talk intelligibly and by their second birthday they can happily chatter away.
Late Middle English (also in the sense 'capable of understanding'): from Latin intelligibilis, from intelligere 'understand' (see intelligent).
Words that rhyme with intelligibleeligible
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: in|tel¦li|gible
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.