Definition of intelligible in English:
1Able to be understood; comprehensible: use vocabulary that is intelligible to your audience a barely intelligible reply
More example sentences
- Attendees are guaranteed that at least one-third of all words used will be intelligible to the general public.
- An examination structure, intelligible to pupils, parents and employers, must be a priority as a means of getting these proposals off the ground.
- The individual cannot make himself intelligible to anybody.
- Example sentences
- Are notes articulated clearly and intelligibly?
- The case can be put quite simply and intelligibly.
- During their second year, toddlers begin to talk intelligibly and by their second birthday they can happily chatter away.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan