1Able to be understood; comprehensible: use vocabulary that is intelligible to your audience a barely intelligible reply
More example sentences
- Attendees are guaranteed that at least one-third of all words used will be intelligible to the general public.
- An examination structure, intelligible to pupils, parents and employers, must be a priority as a means of getting these proposals off the ground.
- The individual cannot make himself intelligible to anybody.
- More example sentences
- Are notes articulated clearly and intelligibly?
- The case can be put quite simply and intelligibly.
- During their second year, toddlers begin to talk intelligibly and by their second birthday they can happily chatter away.