1A person or thing that intensifies.
- You can also use it in conjunction with other intensifiers, such as descending sets.
- Flavor intensifiers are being tested as a way to promote weight loss and an alternative diet.
- We've compiled the 10 best intensifiers - proven methods for recharging your progress - and, this month, we'll analyze five.
1.2 Grammar An adverb used to give force or emphasis, for example really in my feet are really cold.
- Some words and phrases used as quantifiers can also be used as intensifiers, as in: much nicer; much less; many more; a little better; a lot older; a lot too old; a bit too much.
- You could argue, of course, that the over- of oversimplistic is chiefly an intensifier.
- It belongs to the class that grammarians call intensifiers.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: in¦ten¦si|fier
Definition of intensifier in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.