noun (plural intensities)[mass noun]
- 1The quality of being intense: the pain grew in intensity [in singular]: there’s an intensity in his eyes that’s downright scaryMore example sentences
- Each of the songs on Layla is charged with emotional intensity and passion.
- They played with huge intensity and the quality of their tackling and blocking reflected the increase in work rate.
- The fireballs grow in intensity until the sky is a curtain of drizzling flame bursts.
- 2The measurable amount of a property, such as force, brightness, or a magnetic field: hydrothermal processes of low intensity [count noun]: different light intensitiesMore example sentences
- For that purpose laser light at very high intensities irradiates the skin to destroy the tattoo pigments.
- They grow well under relatively low light intensities and are good plants to grow under fluorescent lights.
- Also, intensities increase across all wavelengths as temperature increases.