verb(be interbedded) Geology
- (Of a stratum) be embedded among or between others.More example sentences
- They are interbedded with bioturbated muddy and sandy limestones, quartz-skeletal siltstones and sandstones.
- The emeralds are found in black calcareous shales interbedded with limestones of Cretaceous age.
- It contains over 50 chest beds which are interbedded with shales, carbonaceous sandstones and minor tuffs.
More definitions of interbedDefinition of interbed in:
- The US English dictionary