Definition of intercity in English:
1Existing or travelling between cities.
- City and intercity public transportation was halted following a strike by drivers on Thursday.
- Conceptually, intercity travel breaks down into five phases.
- But as for intercity travel in the 21st century, we should be looking forward to something like this.
1.1 (also trademark InterCity) Denoting express passenger rail services in the UK: one of the hourly InterCity services to Norwich
More example sentences
- A spokesman for Transport 2000, a campaigning group, said: ‘This is not good news for people who are using the railways other than those on the fast intercity routes.’
- The rail chaos which has gripped Britain has overshadowed the forthcoming billion pound franchise for one of the UK's major intercity routes from Scotland to London - the East Coast mainline.
- With this order, all intercity trains over 30 years old will be removed from the fleet, and modern trains will operate all inter-city services.
Words that rhyme with intercitybanditti, bitty, chitty, city, committee, ditty, gritty, kitty, megacity, nitty-gritty, Pitti, pity, pretty, slitty, smriti, spitty, vittae, witty
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.