- 1Existing or travelling between cities.More example sentences
- City and intercity public transportation was halted following a strike by drivers on Thursday.
- Conceptually, intercity travel breaks down into five phases.
- But as for intercity travel in the 21st century, we should be looking forward to something like this.
- 1.1 (also • trademark InterCity) Denoting express passenger rail services in the UK: one of the hourly InterCity services to NorwichMore example sentences
- A spokesman for Transport 2000, a campaigning group, said: ‘This is not good news for people who are using the railways other than those on the fast intercity routes.’
- The rail chaos which has gripped Britain has overshadowed the forthcoming billion pound franchise for one of the UK's major intercity routes from Scotland to London - the East Coast mainline.
- With this order, all intercity trains over 30 years old will be removed from the fleet, and modern trains will operate all inter-city services.
More definitions of intercityDefinition of intercity in:
- The US English dictionary