Definition of intercommunicate in English:
1Engage in two-way communication: Dr Haber gazed at this while intercommunicating with his receptionist
More example sentences
- But this thing they call ‘spiritualism,’ wherein a medium intercommunicates with the dead, is a fraud from start to finish.
- Roberta Brinton, at the University of Southern California, has succeeded in growing neurons in a cell culture on electronic chips that can intercommunicate.
- What could be more conventional than the taps on the wall by which prisoners in neighboring cells intercommunicate in code?
2 (often as adjective intercommunicating) (Of two rooms) have a common connecting door.
- The spacious sitting room has a marble fireplace, patio doors, bay window and intercommunicating doors to the dining room which has a tiled floor, two velux roof windows, patio doors and is open plan to the kitchen.
Late 16th century: from Anglo-Latin intercommunicat- 'mutually communicated', from the verb intercommunicare.
- Example sentences
- The real barrier to public networks supporting intercommunication is the lack of a business model that makes sense.
- There was little intercommunication, nor has any attempt to resolve this problem since then been successful.
- Once students understand this language, they can put this new literacy into practice in intercommunication with teachers and their peers.
Words that rhyme with intercommunicatecommunicate, excommunicate, tunicate
Definition of intercommunicate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan