Definition of intercommunicate in English:
1Engage in two-way communication: Dr Haber gazed at this while intercommunicating with his receptionist
More example sentences
- But this thing they call ‘spiritualism,’ wherein a medium intercommunicates with the dead, is a fraud from start to finish.
- Roberta Brinton, at the University of Southern California, has succeeded in growing neurons in a cell culture on electronic chips that can intercommunicate.
- What could be more conventional than the taps on the wall by which prisoners in neighboring cells intercommunicate in code?
2 (often as adjective intercommunicating) (Of two rooms) have a common connecting door.
- The spacious sitting room has a marble fireplace, patio doors, bay window and intercommunicating doors to the dining room which has a tiled floor, two velux roof windows, patio doors and is open plan to the kitchen.
- Example sentences
- The real barrier to public networks supporting intercommunication is the lack of a business model that makes sense.
- There was little intercommunication, nor has any attempt to resolve this problem since then been successful.
- Once students understand this language, they can put this new literacy into practice in intercommunication with teachers and their peers.
Late 16th century: from Anglo-Latin intercommunicat- 'mutually communicated', from the verb intercommunicare.
Words that rhyme with intercommunicatecommunicate, excommunicate, tunicate
Definition of intercommunicate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.