- Participation in Holy Communion or other services by members of different religious denominations.More example sentences
- The difference from ‘close communion’ is that reciprocal intercommunion was with other denominations and not just local congregations and clergy.
- Since propinquity is a common source of tensions, most particular attention was paid to avoiding intercommunion with other Lutherans who professed a seductive approximation of doctrinal agreement.
- The next issue will include an examination of the new encyclical, Ecclesia de Eucharistia, issued this past Holy Week, looking with particular interest at what it says about intercommunion between Catholics and other Christians.
More definitions of intercommunionDefinition of intercommunion in:
- The US English dictionary