Definition of intercourse in English:
1 [mass noun] Communication or dealings between individuals or groups: everyday social intercourse
More example sentences
- His feeling is that the community needs the service as a place for social intercourse.
- Travel to almost any city or resort in Europe and you'll see Irish, Scots and Welsh in friendly social intercourse with the locals.
- Honestly, this constant social intercourse is just exhausting.
2 short for sexual intercourse.
- During intercourse, try the stop-and-start technique when the sensations become strong.
- Heterosexual intercourse is the most common mode of transmission of HIV in poor countries.
- Patterson claimed the intercourse had been consensual and encouraged by her.
sexual intercourse, sex, lovemaking, making love, sex act, act of love, sexual relations, intimate relations, intimacy, coupling, mating, going to bed with someone, sleeping with someone
South African informal pata-pata
British vulgar slang shagging
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia