Definition of interdental in English:
1Situated or placed between the teeth.
- This includes brushing your teeth at least twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste and flossing or interdental brushes to clean in between the teeth daily.
- It is very important if your gums are bleeding to clean them more thoroughly, not less, ensuring that you brush every surface of the tooth and clean in between the teeth with dental floss or interdental brushes.
- The most common cause of redness is gingivitis, in which the erythema is usually restricted to the gingival margins and interdental papillae.
1.1 Phonetics (Of a consonant) pronounced by placing the tip of the tongue between the teeth, such as the ‘th’ sounds in the English words ‘thaw’ and ‘though’.
- In other words, it's a voiced interdental fricative.
- The lamino-dentals were very likely once interdental, as their cognates are in some related languages.
nounPhonetics Back to top
An interdental consonant.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan