Arousing curiosity or interest; holding or catching the attention: an interesting debate it will be very interesting to see what they come up with
More example sentences
- We are trying to set up a programme which will be interesting and exciting for them.
- People are very nice to you and you get a chance to live a very interesting and exciting life.
- He does give some practical advice on how to spot a liar though which might prove interesting.
absorbing, engrossing, fascinating, riveting, gripping, compelling, compulsive, spellbinding, captivating, engaging, enthralling, entrancing, beguiling;
appealing, attractive, amusing, entertaining, stimulating, thought-provoking, diverting, exciting, intriguing, action-packed
- Example sentences
- And there's a civil engineering company I've been told about, which internally audits all its projects for profitability, interestingness, and how easy the client is to deal with.
- With having not watched any the day before and the interestingness of the matches on the show courts, I was quite looking forward to watching some tennis and my was it gripping!
- Basically I spent some time hanging around someone and that's pretty much it in terms of interestingness.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: inter|est|ing
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.