- 1Included between two faces of a crystal or other solid.More example sentences
- The alcohol molecules replace the interfacial water molecules.
- The study of water crystallization and melting in the Lanreotide acetate samples showed the existence of three different water states: bulk water, interfacial water, and nonfreezing water.
- The lines represent the free energy of the interfacial water between the faces of adjacent quarterspheres.
- 2Relating to or forming a common boundary between two portions of matter or space.More example sentences
- Once a nucleus of the new phase exceeds a critical size, movement of constituents across the interfacial boundary commonly increases any one dimension at a constant rate.
- Of particular interest in these studies has been the ability to map singlet oxygen diffusion across an interfacial boundary into a different phase-separated domain.
- The present study tests the possibilities that the proteins might promote adsorption either by producing a more fluid bilayer or by creating interfacial boundaries.
More definitions of interfacialDefinition of interfacial in:
- The US English dictionary