noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A protein released by animal cells, usually in response to the entry of a virus, which has the property of inhibiting virus replication.More example sentences
- Your body naturally produces interferon as a response to viral infections.
- Other forms of immunotherapy, such as interferon, are being tested in clinical trials.
- One example of an antiviral compound is interferon which is a chemical produced by the body in response to viral infection.
More definitions of interferonDefinition of interferon in:
- The US English dictionary