verb (past intergrew; past participle intergrown)[no object] (usually as adjective intergrown)
- (Chiefly of crystals) grow into each other: finely intergrown sideriteMore example sentences
- A specimen from the replacement deposits of the Basin vein consists of several interlocking chalcopyrite crystals intergrown with clear quartz crystals.
- These aggregates are perched on a matrix of fine-grained garnet densely intergrown with other manganese silicates.
- Some of the turquoise from their mine contains limonite intergrown with thin layers of native gold.
More definitions of intergrowDefinition of intergrow in:
- The US English dictionary