Definition of interlingua in English:
1An artificial language, devised for machine translation, that makes explicit the distinctions necessary for successful translation into a target language, even where they are not present in the source language.
- Ideas about interlinguas are intimately tied up with ideas about the representation of meaning.
- Two clearly different understandings of interlinguas were evident at the pre-workshop.
- IL2, which is in its design stage, is intended to be an interlingua, albeit a relatively simple one.
1.1 (Interlingua) [mass noun] An artificial international language formed of elements common to the Romance languages, designed primarily for scientific and technical use.
- As we speak, Esperanto is being corrupted by upstart languages such as Interlingua, Klingon, Java & various cryptophasic tongues.
- In this blog, I intend to write about languages, to translate news about languages into Interlingua, and to talk about various other things that seem interesting to me.
- The orthography of Interlingua is based on the 26 letters of the Roman alphabet with no diacritical or accent marks.
Definition of interlingua in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.