- But that's not what my interlocutors, particularly the German ones, really want.
- This is why the current engagement between my interlocutors and myself is particularly valuable.
- All of these narratives unfold partly as dialogues with what seem to be sympathetic but ineffectual interlocutors, perhaps lawyers.
- Example sentences
- For the last three days I have been listening to recordings of oral interlocutions of such a numbing homogeneity as to leave your correspondent jaded in the extreme.
- David Makinson is reacting to the style of my interlocution, not its content.
- Perhaps we are now in a better position, after our interlocutions with Douglas and Balthasar, to argue this more fully in closing.
Early 16th century: modern Latin, from Latin interlocut- 'interrupted (by speech)', from the verb interloqui, from inter- 'between' + loqui 'speak'.
Words that rhyme with interlocutorcollocutor
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: inter|locu¦tor
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.