Definition of interminable in English:
Endless or apparently endless (often used hyperbolically): we got bogged down in interminable discussions
More example sentences
- There was the usual interminable discussion about it at half time and afterwards.
- It was the interminable non-story about some guy's grad night woes that finally blew my patience out the back door.
- At least this would be less boring than those interminable slide shows he gave us in days gone by.
seemingly endless, endless, never-ending, unending, without end, non-stop, everlasting, ceaseless, unceasing, incessant, constant, continual, uninterrupted, unbroken, sustained;
monotonous, tedious, wearisome, boring, long-winded, long-drawn-out, overlong, rambling, meandering, laborious, ponderous
countless, numerous, many, untold, manifold, multitudinous, multifarious, innumerable, numberless, unmeasured, unnumbered, incalculable, indeterminable
rare innumerous, unnumberable
- Example sentences
- Funny that we liken that sort of interminableness to fair ground rides.
- By this time, I was about to have flashbacks to the interminableness of the opening ceremonies, especially when I saw the next program item was greetings from about 10 politicians.
- I don't mean boring interminableness or even passive open-endedness, but a deep, intense wish not to come to an end, a wish so strong it transmits itself to us as a conviction.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.