Definition of interminable in English:
Endless or apparently endless (often used hyperbolically): we got bogged down in interminable discussions
More example sentences
- There was the usual interminable discussion about it at half time and afterwards.
- It was the interminable non-story about some guy's grad night woes that finally blew my patience out the back door.
- At least this would be less boring than those interminable slide shows he gave us in days gone by.
seemingly endless, endless, never-ending, unending, without end, non-stop, everlasting, ceaseless, unceasing, incessant, constant, continual, uninterrupted, unbroken, sustained;
monotonous, tedious, wearisome, boring, long-winded, long-drawn-out, overlong, rambling, meandering, laborious, ponderous
countless, numerous, many, untold, manifold, multitudinous, multifarious, innumerable, numberless, unmeasured, unnumbered, incalculable, indeterminable
rare innumerous, unnumberable
- Example sentences
- Funny that we liken that sort of interminableness to fair ground rides.
- By this time, I was about to have flashbacks to the interminableness of the opening ceremonies, especially when I saw the next program item was greetings from about 10 politicians.
- I don't mean boring interminableness or even passive open-endedness, but a deep, intense wish not to come to an end, a wish so strong it transmits itself to us as a conviction.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan