Definition of internal clock in English:
1A person’s innate sense of time.
- We've been driving since 6 a.m. Now it's night but still light, and our internal clocks are smashed.
- Sunlight plays a major role in the synchronisation of your internal clock with the external; hence spend time outdoors sight-seeing on the first few days.
- Getting online is much easier than it was in the last hotel I was in, although it involves carrying my little computer into the hotel's business lounge, and my internal clock has simply stopped.
1.1 another term for biological clock.
- Alternatively, there may be an internal clock that regulates the timing of spore wall formation that is independent of meiotic division.
- With bird watching being a popular recreation for many folks in Wirth Park, concern has been expressed over the potential adverse effects of artificial lights for night skiing on the internal clocks of our feathered friends.
- The team also found that while ultraviolet light is required for sun-compass navigation, some other wavelength of light was required for setting the butterflies' internal clocks.
Definition of internal clock in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.