Definition of internal market in English:
1 another term for single market.
- Obstacles identified by included a lack of integration of the internal market for financial products and the implications of diverging supervisory rules and practices for large cross-border financial groups.
- It is, in reality, a de facto levy perpetrated on Irish consumers to restrict competition and the working of the EU internal market.
- Lisbon also focuses on removing the barriers to the internal market and developing better regulatory practices so that businesses can expand and trade more easily.
2(In the UK) a system of decentralized funding in the National Health Service whereby hospital departments purchase each other’s services contractually.
- After all, Clarke served as a minister throughout 18 years of Conservative government and was responsible for introducing the internal market into the National Health Service.
- Setting up internal markets to make hospitals and jails better and cheaper not only does not work, but it gives capitalism a bad name, he said.
- But, as illustrated by electricity in California, trains in Britain, and the internal market in the NHS, not any competition will do.
Definition of internal market in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan