- A rhyme involving a word in the middle of a line and another at the end of the line or in the middle of the next.More example sentences
- Similarly, the third line of every stanza ends with a rhyme word which is reinforced by an internal rhyme in the middle of the fourth line.
- The repetitions that ring through these lines, and the internal rhyme and assonance that mark them seem to extend, to prolong this last moment before nightfall.
- The rhythm of the heroic couplets is varied with the potential anapaestic substitutions of ll. 13 and 16, and by the internal rhyme of line 13.
More definitions of internal rhymeDefinition of internal rhyme in:
- The US English dictionary