- A unit of activity or potency for vitamins, hormones, or other substances, defined individually for each substance in terms of the activity of a standard quantity or preparation.More example sentences
- Could it be that you were just using too low a dose of the Vitamin E that 400 international units a day is just not enough?
- Half received daily supplements of 500 milligrams of calcium and 700 international units of vitamin D, and half received placebos.
- Make certain you're getting 200 micrograms of selenium and 400 international units of vitamin E in this pack.
More definitions of international unitDefinition of international unit in:
- The US English dictionary