- 1The state or process of being international: the internationalism of popular musicMore example sentences
- He says Scotland in Europe seems still to conjure up something of a distant challenge and this is despite the Scots' long-standing reputation for internationalism.
- The Cup's increasing internationalism and status as the most prized long distance handicap in world racing fits into its sporting portfolio perfectly.
- Casablanca is the Mediterranean commercial center of Morocco, a center of tourism and French culture and internationalism.
- 1.1The advocacy of cooperation and understanding between nations.More example sentences
- In other words, the process of internationalism has to be protected even at the cost of lamentable practical results.
- France has had a remarkable role in the process both as the first and most vigorous agent of internationalism and as the custodian of one of the world's most culturally distinct sporting events.
- It will take genuine multilateralism and internationalism; radical innovations and new forms of collaboration with civil society and supranational institutions.
- 2 (Internationalism) The principles of any of the four Internationals.More example sentences
- In the mid-1920s Stalin, who was by then the ruling party leader, abandoned the Bolsheviks' previous internationalism.
- The precocious teenage poet was committed to leftist internationalism, the united front against fascism.
- This sense of internationalism can be traced right back to when Karl Marx and Frederick Engels wrote the Communist Manifesto in the 1840s.
- More example sentences
- Our task is to arm the working class with an internationalist and socialist perspective.
- The main critics of neoconservative foreign policy could be termed isolationists, liberal internationalists, and realists.
- As Marxists and internationalists we do not conceive of building a socialist party just in one country, but as part of an international movement.
More definitions of internationalismDefinition of internationalism in:
- The US English dictionary