Definition of interspecific in English:
Existing or occurring between different species: interspecific differences
More example sentences
- When fed mixed leaves of the four species, the interspecific difference was very significant.
- It also provides the first evidence for an interspecific association between two ectoparasite species.
- Overlap in habitat is a prerequisite for interspecific competition to occur between these species.
- 1interspecifically adverb
- Example sentences
- For example, a previous comparative study revealed that intersexual differences in song are associated interspecifically, with intersexual differences in the size of specific song nuclei.
- Due to the observed differences in morphology, some of the details of these interspecifically variable characters were not included in the generic diagnosis given above.
- This is demonstrated by the negative correlations between antipredation behavior and antipredation related morphology in snails, intraspecifically and interspecifically.
Definition of interspecific in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.