noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Inflammation caused by the rubbing of one area of skin on another.More example sentences
- The differential diagnosis of erythrasma includes psoriasis, dermatophytosis, candidiasis, and intertrigo.
- Inflammation of perineal skin folds is called intertrigo.
- Pigmentation is enhanced after healing of superficial inflammation like intertrigo.
early 18th century: from Latin, 'a sore place caused by rubbing', from interterere 'rub against each other'.
More definitions of intertrigoDefinition of intertrigo in:
- The US English dictionary