- An interval within which the value of a parameter of a population has a stated probability of occurring. Compare with point estimate.More example sentences
- Ideally, there will also be an indication of the accuracy or reliability of the estimated effect size, which would be indexed by an interval estimate placed around the effect size estimate.
- A 95% confidence interval was reported as interval estimate for each of the baseline, post test, and follow-up means.
- The critical values for significance tests and interval estimates of the parameters have to be established using a repeated sampling technique, e.g., a permutation test or bootstrapping.
More definitions of interval estimateDefinition of interval estimate in:
- The US English dictionary